The product requirements are as follows: less than $12, shipping weight of 3 pounds or lower, size equal to or less than 18 (length) X 14 (width) X 8 inches (height), and sales volume of the previous month, 25 or higher. 
- Price: less than $12
- Shipping weight: 3lb or lower
- Product size: 18 (length) X 14 (width) X 8 inches (height) or lower
- Sales volume of the previous month: 25 or higher
- Shipping time is slower than the standard FBA
- Shipping days for Prime members: 3-5 days
- Shipping days for regular members: 6-8 days
To Amazon sellers who use the FBA order processing service, Small & Light is also the same FBA service that provides the benefit of cost reduction. Some of the disadvantages of Small & Light are as follows. 
- The shipping speed is slow.
- If you are currently using the existing FBA service, you need to make a new listing with a separate barcode.
- The application process of writing a template and uploading it is bothering.
- Dangerous goods (harmful materials), breakable products, and products sensitive to temperature are inappropriate for the FBA Small & Light program.
- The shipping of the FBA Small & Light program cannot use the FBA inventory placement service.
- Inventory placement service: a service where a seller sends products to a designated fulfillment center, and Amazon disperses and dispatches them to fulfillment centers across the U.S.
- There have been many inquiries regarding Small & Light such as wrong delivery and omitted delivery since the size of products is small.
- It is a limited service only available in 10 countries including the US.
- The US, the UK, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Poland
1) Improvement of shipping speed, 2) Expansion of low charges for low-price products
Amazon said that it learned many things through its Small & Light program that provided low charges to sellers, such as how much customers value continuous improvements in Amazon’s shipping speed. Amazon said it will end its Small & Light program starting from August 29, 2023, and apply the lower FBA rates for all products below $10. 
This means that it will improve one of the program’s disadvantages, the shipping speed, and expand the benefit, lowering charges for low-price products. In order to meet these goals, it will end the Small & Light program and adopt low-price FBA rates, decreasing the rates for all products lower than $10.
- Based on the sellers who previously used the Small & Light program: Low-price FBA rates apply, increasing the shipping speed, but the FBA charge increases by about $0.3. Also, the Amazon FBA service range expands to all countries. 
- Based on the FBA sellers who did not use the Small & Light program: Low-price FBA rates apply, lowering the FBA charge by about $0.7 for products lower than $10. 
FBA rates vary depending not only on the size and weight but also on product types. In the case of clothing and dangerous goods, there is a separate charge rate.
For general products (non-clothing and non-dangerous goods) with prices lower than $10, the new low-price FBA charges are about $0.77 lower than the standard FBA rates. However, for sellers who used the Small & Light program, the FBA charges increase by about $0.3 on average, as mentioned above, so they may find fees increasing. 
Find out about the changes in the current FBA costs for the products sold by each seller, based on the table that compares the FBA rates for general products.
There may be many sellers who feel a little bit awkward about rates decreasing because it has been a while since Amazon reduced its charges. You should not be at ease even when the business environment gets a little better. The Back-to-School/College season is ongoing, and many peak seasons coming up: Autumn Prime Day, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. Do not be prostrated by heat, take care of your health, and strengthen your foothold in the Amazon business. # References  Low-Price FBA rates to replace Small and Light on August 29 https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/headlines.html?id=GR7PC7B3U4ERU446
 Low-Price FBA fees https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/GJTAVU7P2W2VE8Q9
 FBA Small and light program https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/G201706140
 FBA fulfillment fee https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/GPDC3KPYAGDTVDJP
 Small products, big potential https://sell.amazon.com/fulfillment-by-amazon/fba-small-and-light
 Small and Light, Reduce fulfillment costs with FBA Small and Light https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/ssof/workflow/upload/upload-uno-offer-enrollment.html
 Small and Light prep and packaging guide https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/GCFL9GA7ZXSRS6RL
 Amazon Is Retiring The Small and Light Program: What You Need to Know https://www.ecomcrew.com/amazon-small-and-light/
▶ This content is protected by the Copyright Act, and the copyright is held by the contributor.
▶ This content is prohibited from secondary processing and commercial use without prior consent.